||Missouri National Guard Association
The Executive director of the Missouri National Guard Association is an Independent Contractor selected by the association’s Board of Directors. The Executive Director is an officer and key management leader of The Missouri National Guard Association. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the association. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, recruiting members, lobbying, insurance administration, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. Salary and Contract to be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the association’s mission.
- Responsible for leading the Missouri National Guard Association in a manner that supports and guides the association’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the association.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support the Missouri National Guard Association’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the association, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the association.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the association in a positive financial position.
3) Association Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, recruiting, lobbying, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of programs that carry out the association’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure the association can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the association’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private associations.
- Responsible for increasing association membership by recruiting annual, life, retired, auxiliary, associate, and associate corporate members.
- Lobbies the Missouri State Legislature and influences Missouri government to support association goals and objectives to the benefit of its members.
4) Association Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the association are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for effective administration of daily operations.
- Available for association business.
- Plans and executes an annual conference.
- Travels to participate in various conferences and meetings related to job duties.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the association.
- Recruit members.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as primary spokesperson to the association’s constituents, the media, government, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various associations and utilize those relationships to promote the association’s goals.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Participate in board and committee meetings.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to- day operations.
- Review and approve contracts for services with the approval of the Board of Directors
- Administer the State Sponsored Life Insurance program in accordance with association bylaws.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- A bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred.
- Previous experience working with the U.S. military, military associations, not for profit associations
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Pass a criminal background check
- Satisfactory Credit Check
- Be eligible to register as a lobbyist with the Missouri Ethics Commission
- Five or more years nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the association’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, members, and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the association’s mission to donors, volunteers, members, and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Proven track record of successful membership recruiting.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and associations of influence including funders, partner agencies, government, and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
The Missouri National Guard Association is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Application Deadline: December 15th 2019
Anticipated Interviews and Selection Process January 2020
Send all documents to Christopher Moenster, Army VP, MONGA Board of Directors
7822 State Road Y
Questions: Contact Christopher Moenster at the e-mail above or 636-222-2066
Please provide the following:
1. Cover letter
3. Writing sample based on the following scenario: The Missouri National Guard Association is seeking to increase membership. The Board of Directors assigns the Executive Director the task of contacting lapsed members via a form letter to encourage them to join again. Not greater than 500 words, single spaced.
4. Credit Check and Background Check Authorization Form (Download Here)
5. References from work experience: At a minimum: 2 superiors, 1 peer, and 1 subordinate.
6. Reference Check Authorization Form (Download Here)